At PCP you and your child will discover the beauty of learning through play!
Characteristics of Play:
- Play is voluntary and intrinsically motivated. Children freely choose the content and direction of their activity.
- Play is symbolic, meaningful, and transformational
- Play is active! Children experiment, investigate, and inquire with people, objects or events.
- Play is pleasurable. When children play they pursue an activity for the intrinsic pleasure it brings.
Learning through play is important because it:
- Enables children to make sense of their world
- Develops social and cultural understandings
- Allows children to express their thoughts and feelings
- Fosters flexible and divergent thinking
- Provides opportunities to meet and solve real problems
- Develops language and literacy skills and concepts
Play contributes to children's cognitive, language, literacy, social, emotional, physical and creative development. Play is children's most powerful learning medium!
Parents Community Preschool